RX4 met natte voeten.

Stortregen, iets dat ooit een weg was: De ideale omstandigheden om te genieten van uw Scenic RX4.
Plaats reactie
Dennis
Ere Lid

RX4 met natte voeten.

Bericht door Dennis » 24-06-2011 01:03

De RX4 is prima geschikt om door ondiep water te rijden, volgens Renault zelfs door water met een diepte van ca. 50 cm.

Afbeelding

Hoewel ik zelf nog nooit met mijn RX4 door zulke diepe stroompjes gereden ben helpt helpt onderstaand stukje je wellicht, mocht je wilde / natte plannen hebben met je RX4.

Onderstaand stukje kwam ik op internet tegen.

Afbeelding

The rule of thumb for wading is never to cross water deeper then half of the wheel size.

You can cross-deeper water if you remember the following:

1. Never go too fast as you can wet your electrical systems.

2. Water can enter the rear deferential on the RX4 through the venting hose, to avoid that stop and let the rear deferential cool down before entering water. The reason is, when the deferential cools down, the air inside reduces its volume and instead of sucking air it will suck water. You do not want water in your differentials.

Afbeelding

3. The RX4’s engine air inlet in just behind the Renault logo sign below the hood. Never let water get near the air inlet as you can hydra lock your engine (filling the cylinders with water).

4. Always go in first gear.

5. Do not try to cross water that flow at a speed of more then 3 meter / second (you can measure the speed by throwing a piece of wood into the water).

Afbeelding

6. If possible cross the water by foot or let a better off-road vehicle cross it first so you can see the water deepness.

7. If there is a chance you will get stuck, tie a pulling strap to the rear end of your RX4, before you enter the water. Use the tool kit and the special hole for that.

Afbeelding

With my RX4 I crossed water that reached the front bumper with out any problems, just keep to the rules and you will be fine..

Afbeelding
Renault Scenic RX4 Salomon

I'm a bad influence
but... damn I'm fun!!!

Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Rijden met de RX4.”